1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Solved) Stereo speaker distance from pc

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by monted, Feb 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. monted

monted Thread Starter

I am hooking up some big speakers to my stereo and it is hooked to my pc. The speaker magnets had no size written on them but they are 6'' in diameter and 3/4" thick. There are also pretty good size magnets on the midrange and tweeters. How far away from my computer should they be? I would like to put them about 4' away on each side of my tower. If they get too close is there any danger of erasing my hard drive?

2. MRCooLBP

MRCooLBP

4 feet????? Oh don't worry AT ALL i'd say they should be fine within 6 inches! infact i have little speakers directly on top of my tower right now.

You might be careful if ya have at least 10 inch subwoofer not to turn it up and rupture you're liver though

3. monted

monted Thread Starter

thanks MRcoolBP, that what i wanted to know. Also, they are 15'', so NASCAR is going to rock!!I thought that they would have to be really close, but just checking. Actually , one of them has been sitting about that far away since i posted,lol.

4. MRCooLBP

MRCooLBP

By the way i like you're comp info on the signature i'm gonna use that, hope you don't mind = )

5. monted

monted Thread Starter

heh. I got all the furniture moved and have been playing NASCAR & Quake3 demo and it shakes the room. A gamers paradise!Thanks again!

6. MRCooLBP

MRCooLBP

Sick! You know. on second thought crank up that sub and rupture you're liver once or twice might be worth those amazing low frequency rocket blasts!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118088

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice