1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: *** Stop: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x82eca898, 0x0000102, 0x00000000)

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by WaRe, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. WaRe

WaRe Thread Starter

*** STOP: 0X00000024 (0X00190203, 0X82ECA898, 0X0000102, 0X00000000)

This is the blue screen i get when i disable restart on errors. For what ever reason i cannot access this Hard Drive.

Bios loads properly and detects everything it needs too.

Just after the bios i get a chioce window that says your computer stoped responding for what ever reason, blah blah blah. It allows me 5 choice, safemode, safemode networking, safemode cmd, last known good config and normally. If i choose any of them then immediatly hit F8 i get the rest of the options for boot up.
    Every choice ends the same way froim debug mode to safe mode.

After you make your selection you get to the windows loading screen. About 2-3 seconds into it the computer goes into a rolling restart mode.

I have tried the following:

I tried every selection avaible:
    Safe Mode
    Safe Mode with Networking
    Safe Mode with CMD
    Last Known Config
    Start WIndows Normally
    Enable VGA
    Enable Boot Logging
    DIsable automatic Restart on system failure (when i chose this i get *** STOP: 0X00000024 (0X00190203, 0X82ECA898, 0X0000102, 0X00000000))
    Debuggin Mode
    Directory Services restore Mode

and when i hit that windows loading screen i go into the rolling restarts.

I have also attempted to reload windows. In my BIOs i have my CD ROM being detected first. Just after the BIOs info when the computer restarts i see the Boot from CD ROM for about 1/2 seconds and then goes immdiatly into the selection screen. I have spammed several keys on my keyboard to attempt to hit it before that selection screen but i cannot access the boot from cd rom.

Any ideas?

WIndows XP PRO
    Fully updated
    Maxtor Harddrive 80 gig only 6 months old

It is possible an antivirus was installed just prior to this fisaco.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Do you have a USB keyboard?

PS. Follow Rollin' Rog's advice below, but if you have a USB keyboard, you may need to switch to a PS/2 kb to access the early boot options.

3. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Try running chkdsk /r on the drive from the recovery console if you can.

Also look for a drive vendor's diagnostic utililty and run that.

Reseat the drive cable while you're at it.

It's a file system error of some kind.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=228888&sd=RMVP

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

I think if you have the bios setting for USB legacy support, a USB keyboard will work....at least mine does. Quite possibly, if it hasn't already been set, you may need a PS/2 keyboard to set it :D

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

Oops! Clicked "Edit" instead of "Quote". I don't think I changed anything, Candy.

Yes. A good thing to try, but each of my 3 machines has variable success with the legacy setting. PS/2 always works, of course. I use a lot of bootable CD's and am always making more. Some work with the legacy setting and some don't.

6. WaRe

WaRe Thread Starter

I could not get into the recovery console or CMD at any point. You can markt his thread as fixed..

I had to go old school and force the bios to recognize my windows xp boot disk in a:\

This forced the bios to read them before anything and allowed me to get into a recovery console off the disks/cd. The chkdsk pretty much fixed what ever was currpting the file system.

Thanks for the replys. It was just a matter of getting into windows or recovery console to fix the issue.

dennis

7. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Well, good to hear, however you did it.

If all seems well, feel free to mark the thread "Solved" using the Thread Tools menu here.

8. notaboutmike

notaboutmike

I have this exact same problem right now. What did you type in DOS to run CHKDSK?

9. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/567245