1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: STOP: 0x0000007b error (0x8180dc50, 0xc0000032

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by albanian134, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. albanian134

albanian134 Thread Starter

i got a window 2000, that has been used for simple stuff like web browsin, aim ect. and one night it had a hard time shutin down, so i just pressed and help power button, i did same thing next night. well tonight i got the famous STOP: 0x0000007b error (0x8180dc50, 0xc0000032, ect...) error and i was wondering how can i fix this? i found on the other site that 0xc0000032 means that i need to run chkdsk /f, but thats not possible since it wont start

2. bingo24

bingo24

Maybe something here could be of help http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822052.

3. virtuindia

virtuindia

First step – boot the system through the windows 2000 CD. Go into “Repair” and go into the Recovery Console.
    Once you get onto the recovery console- type the following – chkdsk /r
    This repairs the windows installation.

Once this is done, restart the computer.

After restarting- if the same error occurs, then there is a high possibility of a virus.
    This is usually caused by boot sector virus. Just by formatting and re-installing the OS it usually wont erase the virus, so you would be required to do a complete Debug, partition, format and reinstall. On doing this, you will loose ALL your data.

4. albanian134

well it is a windows 2000, will the same thing work?

5. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Thanks for the email. I've been out of town.

Did you try the above?

6. albanian134

oooo yesss definetly did help, i really appreciate it, yall saved me 40 dollars labor, and i was thinkin i might need a new motherboard which i would not like to replace

7. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Great. You can mark the thread solved right above your first post.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!