1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Stopped letting me network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by mcfee03, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcfee03

mcfee03 Thread Starter

Hi, I'm having a lot of trouble with 2 systems that were once on a network (both XP sp2). One computers is connected to a router (DL-524) and the other connected with an ASUS USB adapter. For some reason I can't network. I've used the setup wizard several times but still on the wireless PC there are no shared folders and it doesn't find any printers (when I go to add a shared printer). I turned off firewalls and uninstalled virus protection to see if that was the problem but it didn't help. The computers are currently sharing the internet.

Both computers are under the same workgroup name and the IP addressing looks fine. I have enabled NetBios on both computers but on the wireless when I type ipconfig /all it says NetBios is disabled (but I set it to be enabled) and in the wired computer I don't know as when I type ipconfig /all it doesn't mention NetBios.

My main need is to share the printer (folder sharing not that important at the moment) so if there is an quicker and easier way to share the printer (may be over the net) I would prefere that then having to spend a lot of time attempting to fix the network.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks

2. jmwills

jmwills

Is the printer actually designated as shared with a Share name? What is the NetBios name of the machine it is physically connected to?

3. mcfee03

mcfee03 Thread Starter

I've actually solved the problem now. If anyone else has a similar problem its probably due to NetBios and can be fixed by going to start>run>cmd> "netsh int ip reset netshreset test.log" & rebooting

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!