Solved: Strange Behavior

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DukeD

Well, I don't know if there is any chance to fix this on this kind of venue but I thought I'd give it a shot. I know there are a lot of pretty savvy people that inhabit the forums here.

I am running a relative new build. Intel E8400, gigabyte P35-DS3L solid state MB, Raptor 140GB drive.... XP 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3. The problem is this... I have a few programs that will run once, but will not open again unless I reboot. The error messages vary from ""Runtime error 217 at 00410882" to "Missing files ..... ".

This does not occur with all software. And when I reboot, everything runs fine. I know this is a bit vague but I thought I would try.... I'm stumped for sure and the software venors help desks just do the usual.... "uninstall and reinstall" yadda yadda yadda.

Thanks in advance!

Many runtime errors, including error 217, are known to occur due to invalid entries in the registry. Therefore, you must regularly scan your registry for errors and unwanted information and remove them. You can easily repair and eliminate registry problems with the help of a reliable registry tool
There are many free ones available search around on google and give it a try.
http://www.instant-registry-fixes.org/how-to-fix-a-runtime-error/
The above link gives a few simple instructions on how to try and repair runtime errors

DukeD

God save us from Anti-Virus software! Thanks all, I knew this would be the place that could help. It was the Norton confidential browser helper causing the problem.

Many thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online