Solved: Strange Icon in Tool Tray?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Money Pit

Dave
Now that I've decided to wait awhile before downloading SP 2, I turn on my system this morning and theres a new icon in my system tray beside the clock. Nothing happens when I click on it but if I place my cursor over it, it says "Downloading updates: 0%" From the look of the icon I'd say it's Microsoft telling me the SP 2 update is available to download, which of course I already knew.
I've went to my 'startup' list and nothing has changed. How to I get rid of this icon? or am I stuck with it? Thanks :) .........Dave

what you are refuring to is most proberly auto update. You can configer it in control pannel. To get rid of the icon, and not recieve auto updates, set the relavent option.

Money Pit

Dave
I discovered that if I turn OFF "Auto Update", this icon disappears and I came here tp let everyone know that my problem was solved. Now I see your reply to my question. I wonder why I was notified of your reply in my email? I'm getting replies to another question I posted at the same time. HUH? shrugs.....OOO well ........Thanks Dave :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online