1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Strange Lag

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ShadowEvangel, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowEvangel

ShadowEvangel Thread Starter

PC specs:
    M2N8-VMX mobo
    AM2 Athlon X2 6000+ CPU
    Two sticks 1GB DDR2 800 RAM
    Maxtor 320GB SATA HDD split into 240GB/50GB partitions with 10GB unallocated.
    Samsung 1TB SATA HDD split into 750GB partition, 250GB unallocated.
    Gigabyte 896MB GTX 260 in a PCI-8X slot.

WinXP Pro SP2, fresh install.

Ok, now my issue:

Running Windows, no problem. Browsing, no problem. Second I boot up a game, bang, suddenly I get regular lag spikes, every about 10-15 seconds.

I've tried re-seating my Video card and CPU. I've tried reinstalling the game. I even moved it from the 5200RPM Samsung to the 7200RPM Maxtor. No change. I don't want to have to reformat Windows again, but I'd do it if nothing else works.

Stil lags with latest video drivers. Still lags when multiplied to both 2000GHz (default) and 3000GHz. I'm thinking of flashing my BIOS with the latest version, but I'm leaving that for last resort.

Any help or advice (except get a new motherboard and flash your BIOS of course) would be much appreciated, because my freshly upgraded computer is now little more than a web browser and movie player...

-Shadow

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757795

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice