1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Strange Power On

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dooood, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dooood

Dooood Thread Starter

Before posting this new thread, I searched for problems similiar to mine but could not find one. So here's whats happening.

Starting just yesterday I turned my computer on one morning from being off overnite and as soon as the computer got power, all i hear is BIOS beeps . .constant neverending beeps. I turned it off, turned it back on and everything loaded and ran fine. The same thing happened this morning in the exact same way.

Is something about to fail? =/

Thanks in advance for anyones time and thoughts =)

2. telegramsam

telegramsam

Open it and check your power connections, re-seat the ram and PCI cards.

Are the beeps coming in bursts of 3?

3. Dooood

Dooood Thread Starter

no, constant fast beats. keeps doing it til i turn it off. Nothing comes up on my monitor, as if the computer cant even boot up. I find it odd that i can turn it off and right back on and everything works fine. I will try your suggestion first chance I get. TY

4. Dooood

Dooood Thread Starter

So far since i checked all my power connections and reseated vid and NIC cards i havent had any trouble. Gonna mark this solved but it it happens again . . I'll be back =) Thanks again

5. telegramsam

telegramsam

In the meantime, you might want to run memtest and hard drive diagnostics.

Memtest:
    http://www.memtest86.com/

Hard drive diags are available at the website of your drive's manufacturer.

Those are 2 things that you can eliminate as suspects by running these tests--or maybe you'll see why this happened...

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536592

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice