1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Strange Printing results

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Sandycane, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sandycane

Sandycane Thread Starter

Hi,
    I wasn't sure whether to post this in the software section or in the printer section - I'll start here...

Started this morning - I printed my PayPal statement and three of the 6 pages had these weird characters.
    Then, I just printed an IRS form, from their web site, and got similar results.

Do you think this is a printer problem, or a problem with Adobe?

Thanks!
    Sandy

Attached Files:

2. Wepynx

Wepynx

Did you try shutting down your printer completely and then restarting to see I you have the same problem ??

3. Wepynx

Wepynx

Another thought, have you checked your language settings ??

4. Wepynx

Wepynx

Try converting the document to a pdf, and then printing it.

5. Rearden

Rearden Banned

That looks like a blank tax form. You can print tax forms from the IRS website. You can also print forms from PayPal if you have a 1099 there.

6. Sandycane

Sandycane Thread Starter

Wepynx,
    Yes, I restarted the computer between documents. I haven't changed any of the settings.
    Do you think it's the printer, or the program?

7. Sandycane

Sandycane Thread Starter

...um, yes, it is a blank IRS form, like I said in the OP, and was printed from the IRS website.
    That doesn't solve my printing problem...

8. Wepynx

Wepynx

I really don't think it is the printer. Go back and look up the site and see if you can get the IRS form in a pdf and download and save it, then try to print it from there.
    If you have tried that, go into your setting and see if you can change the format, it seems as if your printer is not reading the way it is formatted.

9. Sandycane

Sandycane Thread Starter

Will do.
    Thanks for the advice.

10. Rearden

Rearden Banned

Is your attachment here from Adobe Reader? Or is it a scan of what the printer prints? There should be no reason you can't print IRS forms. They're designed to be printed and mailed.

11. Sandycane

Sandycane Thread Starter

Yes, I know they are designed to be printed and mailed... what I posted is a scan of what was printed from the IRS website.

...and this is the web site page I printed:
    http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040sc.pdf

12. Rearden

Rearden Banned

Your original post says you were printing a statement from PayPal. The screen shot you attached is a blank form. Which are you trying to print? Does the file show correctly on the screen? What program are you opening it with (Adobe Reader, Foxit, etc)?

13. Sandycane

Sandycane Thread Starter

No... this is what I said in my OP:

"Started this morning - I printed my PayPal statement and three of the 6 pages had these weird characters.
    Then, I just printed an IRS form, from their web site, and got similar results.

Do you think this is a printer problem, or a problem with Adobe"

Do you think I was going to post a scan of my PayPal statement? :confused:
    Both documents are in Adobe format.
    Both documents appear normal before printing.

14. Wepynx

Wepynx

Talked to a friend who deals with printers, he said disconnect it from the computer , turn the power off then reconnect and power on. If that doesn't work, he would delete it"uninstall" it from the computer and reinstall it, the printer is not reading the documents correctly. Hope this helps.

15. Sandycane

Sandycane Thread Starter

Yippie!
    The disconnect/power off/reconnect/power on seemed to work - no more gibberish when printing the IRS form!

Thank You, and Thank your friend for me!
    :D

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086092

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice