Solved: strange (to me)... double clicking does not run/open file...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gimpel

i am pretty unfamiliar with Vista, and am servicing a friend's computer. When i click on an icon on the desktop, or a file in winExplorer, a little box with a check mark appears. Explorer puts buttons on its menu bar for actions, or i can select actions by right clicking on the file, or icon. But double clicking does not run/open the file...

i have not seen this 'check box' behavior and i dont like it. Windows is reporting a problem with a program called TuneUp, but after looking it up on WikiP i dont think it is responsible. i imagine it can be solved in 'settings' or 'congfiguration', but where?...

regards... gimpel

gimpel

i fixed the problem(s)... in Folder Options, View page has a 'check box' item. i deselected it and the box and chex went away.
Then in control panel i opened Mouse, and set the Double Click speed slower (it was set max). Doing both of these things returned things to what i like to see... (I DONT like single click, but that is becuz i am so used to double-clicking that it would be a long and frustrating process to relearn.) regards... g.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online