1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Streaming Video - Audio, no Video

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by beta7, Jul 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. beta7

beta7 Thread Starter

Hello. I am trying to watch live video on nbcolympics.com. When I load a video, the advertisement comes up and plays, then when the streaming loads, the video goes black, but I can hear the audio .

Any suggestions? I'm running an intel i7 on Win7 ATI Mobility Radeon HD 58XX graphics card. I have tried upgrading my drivers, to no avail...

2. beta7

beta7 Thread Starter

I found the solution on another website - disabling hardware acceleration by right clicking on the video and going to 'settings' resolves this issue. Then the browser needs to be restarted.

Apparently its a fairly common problem with the current Flash build.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!