1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: stuck at the "install windows" screen! please help. i was forced to format be

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by ms85, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ms85

ms85 Thread Starter

i was forced to format because i had trojins like crazy that i couldnt get rid of. I formated but deleted everything and now when i put the driver disc in that came with my computer it wont load the drivers. when i got to browse i can see the files on the disc but its not getting me anywhere. i even tryed to put the driver disc on a flash drive and load them but all its saying is

"NO NEW DEVICES COULD BE FOUND.MAKE SURE THE DRIVER FILES ARE CORRECT AND LOCATED ON THE DRIVER INSTALLATION MEDIA."

NO DEVICES WERE FOUND. MAKE SURE THAT THE INSTALLATION MEDIA CONTAINS THE CORRECT DRIVES,AND THEN CLICK OK."

im stuck at the install "windows screen" when it prompts you to install the drivers

can anyone help?

2. pip22

pip22

I assume you've re-installed Windows already? (you can't install drivers until Windows is installed and running).
    Are you sure it's the correct driver disc for that computer?

3. ms85

ms85 Thread Starter

im trying to install windows but its looking for divers and wont go past that point. the disc i the one that cane with my my computer when i got it. the window is asking me to select file to load drivers. when i restart with the windows cd this is what the prompts are

1 any key to boot from cd "windows cd"
    2 windows is loading files
    3 then i select english
    4 instal now
    5 what type of installation do you want? i chose custom because it wouldnt let me pick upgrade
    6 then i selected the hard drive to load files from

(IT WORKED THIS TIME BUT IT ONLY MADE IT TO THE NEXT STEP.LOL!)

7 i selected the drive and it started to install but then it came up with an error "WINDOWS COULD NOT INSTAL REQUIRED FILES. THE FILE MAY BE CORRUPT OR MISSING. MAKE SURE ALL FILES REQUIRED FOR INSTALLATION ARE AVAILABLE, AND RESTART THE INSTALLATION. EROR CODE 0X80070017"

i did it twice and tells me the same thing. im using the windows disc that came with my computer so all the files should be there. Is it possible my disc drive wont read it? I dont know, im lost on this one.

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

As the message says, the Vista DVD may be corrupt. Borrow a Vista DVD from someone and try the install again. You can use any edition DVD ( Home, Home Premium, Business etc ) when you give it the serial key that you have, it will install the correct edition.

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I assume that was a typo. But just in case it wasn't, you want to load files from the Vista DVD to the formatted partition on the hard drive.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024919

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice