1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Suggestions for Computer Repair Shop Business Software?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by voodoo917, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. voodoo917

voodoo917 Thread Starter

I have just started my own business in computer repair and I am trying to find out what software would be best suited to doing work orders, inventory, invoices, etc..., for a computer repair shop. I am hoping to find a program that is geared for computer repair, instead of just a generic business management software application. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

2. OBP

OBP

voodoo917, welcome to the forum.
    I have developed an Access database for other Forum Posters that does the things that you have mentioned, you are quite welcome to a copy. You just need Access to use it.

3. voodoo917

voodoo917 Thread Starter

Thank you OBP, I have Office 2007, therefore I do have Access. I would be interested in giving your program a look. I am really trying to find an app with preformed templates, that will also help to track , and automate, as much as possible, work orders and invoicing.

4. OBP

OBP

Yes it does all of that.
    Are you sure Office 2007 has Access?
    I have attached it anyway just in case you have, I can obviously change it to suit your requirements.
    The way that it works is based on having data on Spares and Software, so that it combines your Hours with whatever parts or software are used.

Attached Files:

5. voodoo917

voodoo917 Thread Starter

I have Office 2007 Enterprise Edition, so yes I've got Access. It's got about every program I know of that is part of Microsoft's business software. Thank you very much for your app, I will give it a try.

6. voodoo917

voodoo917 Thread Starter

OBP,
    This is really a very nice database. It's pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Very nice work, kudos!

7. alexcarlson

alexcarlson

Yes it's truly a very good database.

Thanks

8. OBP

OBP

Thanks.
    Just let me know if you need anything changed.

9. MaxBizness

MaxBizness

Hi Vodoo,
    As a Business Software in our company, we use Tiolive. Online and reliable solution which enables to do invoices, to track inventories, to make accounting, to run customers, etc. According to me, this is a great tool. You should try.

10. alexcarlson

alexcarlson

I don’t think any think need change there.

Thanks

11. OBP

OBP

Please Note that I have changed the database posted on post #4 so that the Invoice Number is automatically generated by VBA code in the format YYYY - 000 where YYYY is the Current year and 000 is incremented for each year and resets back to 001 for a new year..
    Here is the newer Version.

Attached Files:

12. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/913990

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice