1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: super hidden files and folders

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by hansblitz, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hansblitz

hansblitz Thread Starter

hey guys, i need info on whether theres a program or something that i can use that will automatically remove the super hidden status of files and folders.
    i had a virus go through my system and screw up all my files by making them super hidden and im sick of using command prompt to remove the attribute from the individual files and folders.

so if theres an easier way to do all my files in one go i would be very appreciative.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

I have never seen one. The superhidden files are never supposed to be visible, so their attributes are never changed.

You could simply make all superhidden files visible, though that can cause problems, too, if you don't want to see deskyop.ini's in every folder and ActiveX controls.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\SuperHidden

Change to 1.

3. hansblitz

hansblitz Thread Starter

yeah i've already shown all super hidden files by changing the registry value so all hidden and super hidden files appear in explorer but are faded. the problem is that when i go to try and remove the hidden attribute it shows the "hidden" box as grayed-out and i cant change it.

So the only way i can remove the hidden attribute is to use command prompt (*:\ attrib -r -s -h *.*) and remove it manually.

all i want is a program or something to do that for me. something line dragging and dropping the files in there and it removes the attribute for me.

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

5. hansblitz

hansblitz Thread Starter

a million thanks Elvandil, the programs just what i was looking for!!

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

You can mark your own threads "solved" using the button above.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/739856