1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Supposed to be easy...but turns out to a big disaster...(admin password forgotten)

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Empire2500, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Empire2500

Empire2500 Thread Starter

Ok,this is it.

A relative of mine got Windows XP professional CD and needs to install it on his computer.I dont know what the specs are but the only thing i know is that its windows xp pro and SP1.The reason for asking is because my younger cousins set a password on the administartor account,and now they dont remeber it.

I know theres other posters who asked the same question...bu there wasnt a definite answer,which we all need.

All i need is a way to reset the password and then im ok.

Thanks for ur co-op!

2. fro

fro

well.. i know a way of doing it but i dont know if its legal to tell it (in these forums)..

try logging in as the MAIN ADMINISTRATOR...

when ur in the welcome screen press CTRL ALT DEL.. many times.. until the standard log in thingy appears.. then type for user. administrator.. and press enter... if this is the account that is locked.. you will need my file.. to reset the password.. but like i said.. i dont know if its legal to post it here.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

4. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

This is a good example of why it is important to have at least two accounts that have admin rights. In this situation, all you would need to do is log in with the other account. Might consider it for the future.

5. Empire2500

Tell that to my younger cousins....:D

6. Empire2500

I googled that site once..and it..er...i cant understand it one bit...is it a file? i dont know...

7. Empire2500

Im curious about your illegal way..and I dont see a reason why it would be...after all,you would be doing a good thing..not bad?

Maybe JohnWill can tell us if its permitted?

8. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Well, I just posted a boot disk that will reset the password of any or all the accounts. ;)

9. Empire2500

Its ok..Its all solved...I was trying to install a fresh copy of Windows and the computer wouldnt boot from the disk automatically...i got so frustrated decided to poast here..then i just kept pressing random buttons at startp..and there it was...the "boot menu"

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/490362

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice