1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: suspect windows spyware message

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by messyjesse, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. messyjesse

messyjesse Thread Starter

i am getting a message from the bottom corner of my screen from the icon bar (it is a red circle with a white cross) that i am infected it says- "windows has detected spyware infection. it is recomended to use special antispyware tools to prevent data loss.windows will now download and install the most up-to-date anitspyware for you."

this is a weridly worded message and it tried to download something straight after it came up but i clicked the cross.

my AVG has picked up nothing.

also my internet closed suddenly and my computer restarted just before this message came up

please help
    many thanks

2. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

Click here to download HJTInstall.exe
    • Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
    • Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
    • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
    • Click on Install.
    • It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
    • Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
    • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
    • Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
    • Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
    • DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

3. messyjesse

hi there thanks for your post a week ago, i thought the problem was fixed as the message went away after i ran AVG again and restarted my computer however today the exact same thing happened, my computer suddenly restarted and when it came back on the message was back but this time the virus has got worse. It is blocking all internet sites that might help me such as this forum, so i am at a friends computer to post this message. when i type in an internet search or an address the screen just comes up white. the virus also is now BLOCKING my AVG. so i got a buddy to send me superantispyware over msn but that also doesnt open because of the virus. i also got hijack this in an attempt to save the log and post it here but AGAIN this program will not open. PLEASE HELP ME AGAIN!!!

HOWEVER i cannot read any replies to this thread as the virus is blocking this website. but i can still get to my hotmail through msn messenger on my desktop so please email me any suggestions to

thank you

found out i can access this website in safe mode with networking however still unable to run AVG, HijackThis or superantivirus. so please reply here on the forum. computer is getting slower and crashing more and more.
    please help , thanks

4. cybertech

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.

• Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
    • Under Main choose: Select All
    • Click the Empty Selected button.

Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
    alternate download link 1 alternate download link 2
    • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
    • Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
    • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
    • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
      • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
      • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Then click Finish.
    • MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
    • On the Scanner tab:
      • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
      • Then click on the Scan button.
    • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
    • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
    • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
    • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
    • Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
    • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
    • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)
    • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
    • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply with a new hijackthis log.
    Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

5. messyjesse

i cannot acces the websites to download the programs!!! i have tried to replace the HOSTS file but that has not worked.

6. cybertech

Copy this small program to a thumb drive or burn it to a CD.

Download OTScanIt.exe to your Desktop and double-click on it to extract the files. It will create a folder named OTScanIt on your desktop.
    1. Close any open browsers.
    2. If your Real protection or Antivirus intervenes with OTScanIt, allow it to run.
    3. Open the OTScanit folder and double-click on OTScanit.exe to start the program.
    4. In Additional Scans section put a check in BotCheck and Disabled MS Config Items and EventViewer Errors/Warnings
    5. Now click the Run Scan button on the toolbar.
    6. The program will be scanning huge amounts of data so depending on your system it could take a long time to complete. Let it run unhindered until it finishes.
    7. When the scan is complete Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.
    8. Save that notepad file
    If the log is too large to post, use the Reply button, scroll down to the attachments section and attach the notepad file here.

7. messyjesse

thanks very much for all your help but i have decided this is too much to fix myself. ive sent it off to a computer man.

thanks again
    jesse

8. cybertech

You're welcome!
    Thank you for letting me know. I hope he does a good job for you! :)

9. messyjesse

no worries
    ive got it back and its fixed however when i turn it on a message comes up saying "Warning! cannot find C:/Program" but then windows starts as normal.
    ALSO i ran superantispyware to check if they did fix it and it found Trojan.DNS changerCodec in the regristry so ive quarantined it
    I have also done a HijackThis log (below) if there is anything still wrong could you tell me how to fix it as my machine is still running quite slowly

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
    Scan saved at 20:44:12, on 23/10/2008
    Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16735)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\mqsvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\hpqwmiex.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
    C:\Program Files\hpq\HP Wireless Assistant\HP Wireless Assistant.exe
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
    C:\Program Files\HP\QuickPlay\QPService.exe
    C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\QlbCtrl.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\mqtgsvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_FATI9BE.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\V0400Mon.exe
    C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
    C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
    C:\Program Files\Creative\Creative Live! Cam\Live! Cam Manager\CTLCMgr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Audible\Bin\AudibleDownloadHelper.exe
    C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqimzone.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe
    C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\hijackthis_sfx\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://h20239.www2.hp.com/techcenter/HP_SystemCheck/hp_syscheck.htm
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
    O2 - BHO: EpsonToolBandKicker Class - {E99421FB-68DD-40F0-B4AC-B7027CAE2F1A} - C:\Program Files\EPSON\EPSON Web-To-Page\EPSON Web-To-Page.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: EPSON Web-To-Page - {EE5D279F-081B-4404-994D-C6B60AAEBA6D} - C:\Program Files\EPSON\EPSON Web-To-Page\EPSON Web-To-Page.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpWirelessAssistant] C:\Program Files\hpq\HP Wireless Assistant\HP Wireless Assistant.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /installquiet /nodetect
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MsmqIntCert] regsvr32 /s mqrt.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut] CHDAudPropShortcut.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QPService] "C:\Program Files\HP\QuickPlay\QPService.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QlbCtrl] %ProgramFiles%\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\QlbCtrl.exe /Start
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Cpqset] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Default Settings\cpqset.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RecGuard] C:\Windows\SMINST\RecGuard.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Reminder] C:\Windows\CREATOR\Remind_XP.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EPSON Stylus CX3600 Series] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_FATI9BE.EXE /P26 "EPSON Stylus CX3600 Series" /O6 "USB001" /M "Stylus CX3600"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AppleSyncNotifier] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleSyncNotifier.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [V0400Mon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\V0400Mon.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (reboot)] "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe" /runcleanupscript
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Audible Download Manager.lnk = C:\Program Files\Audible\Bin\AudibleDownloadHelper.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: HP Photosmart Premier Fast Start.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqthb08.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Blog This - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &Blog This in Windows Live Writer - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O10 - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider 'c:\program files\bonjour\mdnsnsp.dll' missing
    O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
    O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_GB&c=64&bd=presario&pf=laptop
    O16 - DPF: {14C1B87C-3342-445F-9B5E-365FF330A3AC} (Hewlett-Packard Online Support Services) - http://h20278.www2.hp.com/HPISWeb/Customer/cabs/HPISDataManager.CAB
    O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
    O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://gfx1.hotmail.com/mail/w2/resources/MSNPUpld.cab
    O16 - DPF: {5C051655-FCD5-4969-9182-770EA5AA5565} (Solitaire Showdown Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/SolitaireShowdown.cab56986.cab
    O16 - DPF: {5ED80217-570B-4DA9-BF44-BE107C0EC166} (Windows Live Safety Center Base Module) - http://cdn.scan.onecare.live.com/resource/download/scanner/wlscbase5036.cab
    O16 - DPF: {5F8469B4-B055-49DD-83F7-62B522420ECC} (Facebook Photo Uploader Control) - http://upload.facebook.com/controls/FacebookPhotoUploader.cab
    O16 - DPF: {C3F79A2B-B9B4-4A66-B012-3EE46475B072} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MessengerStatsPAClient.cab56907.cab
    O16 - DPF: {F5A7706B-B9C0-4C89-A715-7A0C6B05DD48} (Minesweeper Flags Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MineSweeper.cab56986.cab
    O16 - DPF: {F6ACF75C-C32C-447B-9BEF-46B766368D29} (Creative Software AutoUpdate Support Package) - http://www.creative.com/softwareupdate/su2/ocx/15106/CTPID.cab
    O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\WI1F86~1\MESSEN~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
    O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\WI1F86~1\MESSEN~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
    O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
    O18 - Protocol: wlmailhtml - {03C514A3-1EFB-4856-9F99-10D7BE1653C0} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Mail\mailcomm.dll
    O20 - AppInit_DLLs: karna.dat
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: dimsntfy - %SystemRoot%\System32\dimsntfy.dll (file missing)
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
    O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
    O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
    O23 - Service: AddFiltr - Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\AddFiltr.exe
    O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
    O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
    O23 - Service: hpqwmiex - Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\hpqwmiex.exe
    O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
    O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

THANK YOU KIND WEBPERSON
    XXX

10. cybertech

Happy to hear you are happy, to some degree. The error is something in startup that does not exist. I see Malwarebytes was left have you tried a scan with that?

Download OTScanIt.exe to your Desktop and double-click on it to extract the files. It will create a folder named OTScanIt on your desktop.
    1. Close any open browsers.
    2. If your Real protection or Antivirus intervenes with OTScanIt, allow it to run.
    3. Open the OTScanit folder and double-click on OTScanit.exe to start the program.
    4. In Additional Scans section put a check in BotCheck and Disabled MS Config Items and EventViewer Errors/Warnings
    5. Now click the Run Scan button on the toolbar.
    6. The program will be scanning huge amounts of data so depending on your system it could take a long time to complete. Let it run unhindered until it finishes.
    7. When the scan is complete Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.
    8. Save that notepad file
    If the log is too large to post, use the Reply button, scroll down to the attachments section and attach the notepad file here.

11. messyjesse

you said the scan might take a while? it took under 30 seconds.........
    i didnt know i even had malwarebytes on the computer, when you asked me to download it i didnt think it worked. its not in the add/remove programs list of installed programs either.
    below is the otscanit log.
    THANKS

edit: otscan found a trojan which i quarantined.
    edit2: AVG8.0 also just found trojanhorsedownloader, i guess im not really fixed then.......

Attached Files:

12. cybertech

Start OTScanIt. Copy/Paste the information in the Code box below into the pane where it says Paste fix here and then click the Run Fix button.

Code:
    [Kill Explorer]
    [Unregister Dlls]
    [Registry - Non-Microsoft Only]
    < Run [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\] > -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    YN -> Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (reboot) -> %ProgramFiles%\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe ["C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe" /runcleanupscript]
    < AppInit_DLLs [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] > -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\\AppInit_DLLs
    *AppInit_DLLs* -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\\AppInit_Dlls
    YN -> karna.dat -> 
    < AppInit_DLLs [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] > -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\\AppInit_DLLs
    < SecurityProviders [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] > -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\\SecurityProviders
    *SecurityProviders* -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\\SecurityProviders
    YN ->  msansspc.dll -> 
    < SecurityProviders [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] > -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\\SecurityProviders
    < Internet Explorer ToolBars [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\] > -> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\
    YN -> WebBrowser\\{C4069E3A-68F1-403E-B40E-20066696354B} [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] -> Reg Error: Key does not exist or could not be opened. [Reg Error: Key does not exist or could not be opened.]
    [Files/Folders - Created Within 30 days]
    NY -> TDSSosvd.dat -> %SystemRoot%\System32\TDSSosvd.dat
    [Files/Folders - Modified Within 30 days]
    NY -> hpqp.ini -> %SystemDrive%\hpqp.ini
    NY -> 76 C:\WINDOWS\System32\*.tmp files -> C:\WINDOWS\System32\*.tmp
    NY -> TDSSosvd.dat -> %SystemRoot%\System32\TDSSosvd.dat
    NY -> 1 C:\WINDOWS\*.tmp files -> C:\WINDOWS\*.tmp
    [Empty Temp Folders]
    [Start Explorer]
    [Reboot]

The fix should only take a very short time. When the fix is completed a message box will popup telling you that it is finished. Click the Ok button and Notepad will open with a log of actions taken during the fix.
    Post that information back here.

I will review the information when it comes back in.

13. messyjesse

you didnt mention a reboot on completion of the fix but it seems normal, here is the log after the fix of OTScanit

Explorer killed successfully
    [Registry - Non-Microsoft Only]
    Registry value HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (reboot) deleted successfully.
    Registry value HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\\AppInit_Dlls:karna.dat deleted successfully.
    Registry value HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\\SecurityProviders: msansspc.dll deleted successfully.
    Registry value HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser\\{C4069E3A-68F1-403E-B40E-20066696354B} deleted successfully.
    Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{C4069E3A-68F1-403E-B40E-20066696354B}\ not found.
    [Files/Folders - Created Within 30 days]
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\TDSSosvd.dat moved successfully.
    [Files/Folders - Modified Within 30 days]
    C:\hpqp.ini moved successfully.
    File C:\WINDOWS\System32\TDSSosvd.dat not found!
    [Empty Temp Folders]
    File delete failed. C:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Local Settings\Temp\etilqs_paguZU8WhSpS2cDmYu6T scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
    File delete failed. C:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Local Settings\Temp\~DF7BA4.tmp scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
    File delete failed. C:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Local Settings\Temp\~DFC15A.tmp scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
    File delete failed. C:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Local Settings\Temp\~DFEA67.tmp scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
    File delete failed. C:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Local Settings\Temp\~DFEAEB.tmp scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
    User's Temp folder emptied.
    User's Temporary Internet Files folder emptied.
    User's Internet Explorer cache folder emptied.
    Local Service Temp folder emptied.
    File delete failed. C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
    Local Service Temporary Internet Files folder emptied.
    Windows Temp folder emptied.
    Java cache emptied.
    File delete failed. C:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\wr0kfq0c.default\Cache\_CACHE_001_ scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
    File delete failed. C:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\wr0kfq0c.default\Cache\_CACHE_002_ scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
    File delete failed. C:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\wr0kfq0c.default\Cache\_CACHE_003_ scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
    File delete failed. C:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\wr0kfq0c.default\Cache\_CACHE_MAP_ scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
    File delete failed. C:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\wr0kfq0c.default\urlclassifier3.sqlite scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
    FireFox cache emptied.
    RecycleBin -> emptied.
    Explorer started successfully
    < End of fix log >
    OTScanIt by OldTimer - Version 1.0.19.0 fix logfile created on 10242008_212031

Files moved on Reboot...
    File C:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Local Settings\Temp\etilqs_paguZU8WhSpS2cDmYu6T not found!
    C:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Local Settings\Temp\~DF7BA4.tmp moved successfully.
    File C:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Local Settings\Temp\~DFC15A.tmp not found!
    File C:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Local Settings\Temp\~DFEA67.tmp not found!
    File C:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Local Settings\Temp\~DFEAEB.tmp not found!
    C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat moved successfully.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\wr0kfq0c.default\Cache\_CACHE_001_ moved successfully.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\wr0kfq0c.default\Cache\_CACHE_002_ moved successfully.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\wr0kfq0c.default\Cache\_CACHE_003_ moved successfully.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\wr0kfq0c.default\Cache\_CACHE_MAP_ moved successfully.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\wr0kfq0c.default\urlclassifier3.sqlite moved successfully.

thanks

14. cybertech

Please post one more hijackthis log.

15. messyjesse

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
    Scan saved at 22:50:19, on 24/10/2008
    Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16735)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
    C:\Program Files\hpq\HP Wireless Assistant\HP Wireless Assistant.exe
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
    C:\Program Files\HP\QuickPlay\QPService.exe
    C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\QlbCtrl.exe
    C:\Program Files\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\V0400Mon.exe
    C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\mqsvc.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgrsx.exe
    C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
    C:\Program Files\Creative\Creative Live! Cam\Live! Cam Manager\CTLCMgr.exe
    C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
    C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\hpqwmiex.exe
    C:\Program Files\Audible\Bin\AudibleDownloadHelper.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\mqtgsvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqimzone.exe
    C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
    C:\Program Files\Skype\Plugin Manager\skypePM.exe
    C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\hijackthis_sfx\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://h20239.www2.hp.com/techcenter/HP_SystemCheck/hp_syscheck.htm
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
    O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll
    O2 - BHO: AVG Security Toolbar - {A057A204-BACC-4D26-9990-79A187E2698E} - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\AVGTOO~1.DLL
    O2 - BHO: EpsonToolBandKicker Class - {E99421FB-68DD-40F0-B4AC-B7027CAE2F1A} - C:\Program Files\EPSON\EPSON Web-To-Page\EPSON Web-To-Page.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: EPSON Web-To-Page - {EE5D279F-081B-4404-994D-C6B60AAEBA6D} - C:\Program Files\EPSON\EPSON Web-To-Page\EPSON Web-To-Page.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: AVG Security Toolbar - {A057A204-BACC-4D26-9990-79A187E2698E} - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\AVGTOO~1.DLL
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpWirelessAssistant] C:\Program Files\hpq\HP Wireless Assistant\HP Wireless Assistant.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /installquiet /nodetect
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MsmqIntCert] regsvr32 /s mqrt.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut] CHDAudPropShortcut.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QPService] "C:\Program Files\HP\QuickPlay\QPService.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QlbCtrl] %ProgramFiles%\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\QlbCtrl.exe /Start
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Cpqset] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Default Settings\cpqset.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RecGuard] C:\Windows\SMINST\RecGuard.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Reminder] C:\Windows\CREATOR\Remind_XP.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EPSON Stylus CX3600 Series] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_FATI9BE.EXE /P26 "EPSON Stylus CX3600 Series" /O6 "USB001" /M "Stylus CX3600"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AppleSyncNotifier] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleSyncNotifier.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [V0400Mon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\V0400Mon.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG8_TRAY] C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Audible Download Manager.lnk = C:\Program Files\Audible\Bin\AudibleDownloadHelper.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: HP Photosmart Premier Fast Start.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqthb08.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Blog This - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &Blog This in Windows Live Writer - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O10 - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider 'c:\program files\bonjour\mdnsnsp.dll' missing
    O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
    O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_GB&c=64&bd=presario&pf=laptop
    O16 - DPF: {14C1B87C-3342-445F-9B5E-365FF330A3AC} (Hewlett-Packard Online Support Services) - http://h20278.www2.hp.com/HPISWeb/Customer/cabs/HPISDataManager.CAB
    O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
    O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://gfx1.hotmail.com/mail/w2/resources/MSNPUpld.cab
    O16 - DPF: {5C051655-FCD5-4969-9182-770EA5AA5565} (Solitaire Showdown Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/SolitaireShowdown.cab56986.cab
    O16 - DPF: {5ED80217-570B-4DA9-BF44-BE107C0EC166} (Windows Live Safety Center Base Module) - http://cdn.scan.onecare.live.com/resource/download/scanner/wlscbase5036.cab
    O16 - DPF: {5F8469B4-B055-49DD-83F7-62B522420ECC} (Facebook Photo Uploader Control) - http://upload.facebook.com/controls/FacebookPhotoUploader.cab
    O16 - DPF: {C3F79A2B-B9B4-4A66-B012-3EE46475B072} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MessengerStatsPAClient.cab56907.cab
    O16 - DPF: {F5A7706B-B9C0-4C89-A715-7A0C6B05DD48} (Minesweeper Flags Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MineSweeper.cab56986.cab
    O16 - DPF: {F6ACF75C-C32C-447B-9BEF-46B766368D29} (Creative Software AutoUpdate Support Package) - http://www.creative.com/softwareupdate/su2/ocx/15106/CTPID.cab
    O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgpp.dll
    O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\WI1F86~1\MESSEN~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
    O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\WI1F86~1\MESSEN~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
    O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
    O18 - Protocol: wlmailhtml - {03C514A3-1EFB-4856-9F99-10D7BE1653C0} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Mail\mailcomm.dll
    O20 - AppInit_DLLs: avgrsstx.dll
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: dimsntfy - %SystemRoot%\System32\dimsntfy.dll (file missing)
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
    O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
    O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
    O23 - Service: AddFiltr - Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\AddFiltr.exe
    O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
    O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: AVG Free8 E-mail Scanner (avg8emc) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe
    O23 - Service: AVG Free8 WatchDog (avg8wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
    O23 - Service: hpqwmiex - Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\hpqwmiex.exe
    O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
    O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

thanks

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757162

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice