1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Symantec Scan Question

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by poochee, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poochee

poochee Thread Starter

I ran my quick scan and a window titled RUNDLL came up with this report:

An exception occurred while trying to run "C: progra~1\common~1\symant~\virusd~1\
    20070121.009\cceraser.dll,detect cache 56838051007040088"

I closed the window and the scan continued to the end. No viruses, etc. came up.

I then ran a full scan and got a similar window but no viruses came up.

Can anyone explain what this means? Is my computer virus free? I haven't noticed anything unusual.

Thanks

2. poochee

poochee Thread Starter

3. poochee

poochee Thread Starter

Solved...I got a virus update from Norton and decided to run the quick scan. There was no problem. I then ran the full scan and no problem there. I assume there was something in the update that corrected the problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537314

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice