Solved: Symbols sometimes don't show in browser mode

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

piscespassion

I'm building a site on my laptop using a downloaded template and PageBreeze Editor. There are a few glitches I run into, and because anything's possible, I'll wonder (depending on the glitch) if it's the template, the editor, my browser, or my laptop.
In this particular case, the glitch is this:
The template has a footer with the designer name, and a copyright symbol. Sometimes the symbol views correctly as "©" in HTML/browser mode, and sometimes it is replaced by a parenthesis as "(".
Now, laptops can't do alt codes like desktops (apparently?) so I "copy/paste" symbols from a notepad file I have saved with all the alt codes.
What can be the problem? Sometimes they come out right, and sometimes they don't. Would it maybe make a difference if I save the alt code file in Unicode? Or could it be the editor?
Thanks for all help!!
Rosa~

Use this for copyright symbol:

©

You have probably inserted as a symbol in a font available on your laptop but not on desktop (or vice-versa).

piscespassion

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online