1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Sync problems with hotmail/OE + browser problems

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by aussie girl, Jul 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aussie girl

aussie girl Thread Starter

Hi, I have a hotmail account, but prefer to use OE for sending/receiving. I am on dialup and loading a page for every email is too slow.

This past week, every time I've opened OE, Ive had to synchronize the account to show the hotmail folders. Then every message in each folder has to be re-downloaded. 'Set program access and defaults' is set to use OE, but each time I return to that page, the settings have been changed.

Today I had OE open all afternoon while writing emails and all my folders disappeared again and a message appeared "there are not any folders to show for this account. would you like to view a list of available folders now? y/n". I dont know why this is happening, but I would just love my email folders to stay put for a change.

also..
    While browsing on this site several days ago, the pages wouldn't load fully. So I clicked refresh, the page would refresh partially, then freeze, then refresh itself again. After that only about half the threads on each page were shown. I was viewing the world cup thread and it was showing only about the first 12 - 15 posts on each page.

Entering this site tonight a similar thing was happening. The top part of the page would load - from the red bar and above, but nothing below. Refreshing the page helped, but it would still not load to the bottom, and am unable to read the last few posts on each page. The same is happening on other websites, but not all. I've noticed the problem is mainly with forum sites.

I'm not sure if the 2 issues are connected in some way but thought it worth mentioning. I have windows xp sp2, outlook express 6. I run AVG, Ewido, Spybot S&D and windows defender. They all come up clean but for a few tracking cookies.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. aussie girl

Hi, can anyone help please? I've tried to research this problem on google, but can only get a handful of pages to load. Most of them are 'cannot find server' or 'unable to load this page' etc. Also the search function on this site is not working for me either.

I've been here; http://www.helpwithwindows.com/WindowsXP/troub-10.html, and followed though the steps, but it made no difference. I also did a panda scan online, which cleaned 1 virus and reported on the following 2 adware that I cant locate.

Windows/downloaded program files/OSD149F.OSD
    Windows/downloaded program files/WildApp.inf

Ive included my HJT log below. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
    Scan saved at 10:38:09 PM, on 4/07/2006
    Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
    C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
    C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
    C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntvdm.exe
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spider.exe
    C:\Program Files\HijackThis.exe

O3 - Toolbar: Easy-WebPrint - {327C2873-E90D-4c37-AA9D-10AC9BABA46C} - C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Toolband.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Add To Print List - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_AddToList.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint High Speed Print - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_HSPrint.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Preview - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_Preview.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Print - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_Print.html
    O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
    O15 - Trusted Zone: http://*.download.windowsupdate.com
    O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/muweb_site.cab?1122029149578
    O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab
    O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{C3C44C54-D79D-4481-A44F-D5AE07D84D72}: NameServer = 203.194.27.57 203.194.56.150
    O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\
    O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
    O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
    O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe

3. aussie girl

4. aussie girl

The microsoft help page made no difference to the problem. All the hotmail folders in outlook express still disappear on a daily basis. Along with all emails in each folder. which then need to be re-downloaded.

Can someone please advise, I dont know what else to try?

5. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi aussie girl, just posting to this thread so it'll be easier for you to find again. It is NOT disappearing.

6. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

By the way, I believe that hotmail is trying to limit the ability to download into OE, and eventually will make this a PAID FOR feature. I know with new hotmail accounts, you can no longer do that.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/479684

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice