1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: SyncBack failure

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by redoak, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. redoak

redoak Gone but never forgotten Thread Starter

There is one problem that causes SynBack to consider one run a "Failure". Here is the info from the log: \divfinst-3.02.exe Not in source, Failed to copy destination:
    Cannot copy file (5): Access is denied

I have searched for this file using "Everything," without success. What is it and how do I locate it and delete it, if I should?

Thanks, {redoak} :confused:

2. kniht

kniht

How do you have SyncBack set to do a backup? Fast backup, Synchronize, Mirror? I have mine set to mirror to right and delete from right what doesn't exist in source.

DelinvFile seems to be a program to delete files that otherwise can't be deleted using the normal Windows deletion process. Was this program at one time installed on your system and is no longer? Possibly existing in your backup destination but not in the source?

You could try to 'modify' the backup and select 'Choose sub-directories and files'. See if that folder exists and uncheck it so Syncback will ignore it.

I have SyncBack SE installed and, in my opinion, is the best backup program available. I do get frustrated when one tiny file out of 109,0000 causes the 'failure' tag to display!!

3. redoak

Thanks for the reply.
    I am synchronizing, not backing up. I am keeping two computers "synced" weekly, but not scheduled. I like to activate the program on my schedule!

I did have DelinvFile installed briefly. I removed it using Revo Uninstaller.

I will follow your suggestion- You could try to 'modify' the backup and select 'Choose sub-directories and files'. See if that folder exists and uncheck it so Syncback will ignore it.- although I will have to delve into something about which I am presently ignorant.

I'll report back.

4. stantley

stantley

Another thing you could do is modify the profile, click on Filter and put divfinst-3.02.exe in "Files NOT to copy".

5. redoak

"S---": Thanks for that alternate procedure. I used it and it worked!

6. stantley

stantley

You're welcome redoak.

I'm glad it worked for you. :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/962358

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice