Solved: Syncplicity resists uninstall

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

weybrew

I uninstalled Syncplicity but remnants of it still remain. It still appears on my context menus and on my StartUp list even though I have it disabled. After dong a Search, I tried deleting the found files without any luck. How can I get rid of this program...ALL of this program?

There just remnants and could just be deleted, they arent harmful nor doing any harm to the system.

weybrew

Thanks, "new tech guy." I figured that they weren't doing any harm, but I could not delete them after a Search, even in SAFE mode. It's just clutter that I wanted to dump.

What would it say at the search screen on these errors? Like i said you can simply forget about them and they wont harm anything, i see no need in cleaning these up, start menu however i could understand. you can also just right click the files there on the start menu and click delete.

weybrew

I've managed to delete most remnants on-by-one except a .dll file and a Program Fiel (size 0...?). When I try to delete these I get the msg " Cannot delete SynplicityShellExt: Access denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and the the file is not in use." Since these are the only two files left, I'm guessing there are linked to each other.
On the StartUP menu, I've disabled the Syncplicity item, but rt clicking it will only highlight it... I get no context menu with a delete option. We are talking about the System Configuration Utility screen aren't we?

Woah hold your horses, get out of ms config that is step one. I meant the icons in start can be deleted by the context in the previous post by simply right clicking them in the start menu. Also that dll might not exist. Search has turned up files in the past that do not exist.

weybrew

Got it! I went to the Search location and found a sub-folder called Microsoft.VC90.CRT and files msvm90.dll, msvp90.dll, msvr90.dll and Microsoft.VC90.CRT.manifest! I don't think I want to mess around here...

Yeah i would just leave them alone as i originally stated, if anything you may delete a shared file (which are usually dll files that are shared by two applications) and you could damage the other application by deleting it

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online