1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: System booting in Fail-Safe State?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Agatad, Sep 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Agatad

Agatad Thread Starter

Heyas, I recently moved and when I assembled my computer at my new place I got this error message when it booted up..."System is running in Fail-Safe state. Please recheck -BIOS CMOS SETUP." :confused: I reassembled my computer the same way I always have, so to bypass this screen I just press F1 and my computer continues booting. I'm a noob to PCs and I have no idea what this means but, it definitely runs slower while in this mode. Can anyone give me any suggestions as to what might be causing this?

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

3. Old Rich

Old Rich

Wonder if the motherboard battery has run down? How old is the machine?

4. Agatad

Agatad Thread Starter

Thanks for responding, I've checked that the fan is properly connected and I'm not sure how to go about fixing a battery problem. The computer is only about a year old and the motherboard is a kv8pro. Sorry for the delayed response, I've been without internet for the last few days.

5. norton850

norton850

Go into BIOS. It often says on the screen what key you need to press. In BIOS choose the set default or optimal settings. Save and exit.
    If the problem continues try clearing CMOS. This link will show you how to clear CMOS (although the title deals with a different problem) either by using the jumper or removing the battery. Afterwards you will have to reset time and date.

Resetting CMOS

6. Agatad

Agatad Thread Starter

Thanks so much for all of your suggestions. Thanks Norton, in the end it was as simple as going into my BIOS and choosing the optimum settings. I'm glad I didn't have to go in there and mess with the jumpers and battery :D

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/397621

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice