1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: System.BrokenFileAssociation

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bellisimo, Apr 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bellisimo

bellisimo Thread Starter

I have a problem I've never seen before. When I run SuperAntiSpyware it shows an item called Sytem.BrokenFileAssociation. It appears to get rid of the file and says I have to reboot the computer to be rid of it, but then when I run the scan again it's still there.

I even ran it in Safe Mode and it didn't show up in SuperAntiSpyware in safe mode, but as soon as I rebooted in normal mode and scanned again it was back.

Can someone please tell me how to get rid of this problem and what it is? Could it mean I have a Trojan?

Thanks in advance,

bellisimo

2. PSCO2007

PSCO2007

I had the same problem and I contacted the co.
    They told me it is a false positive and to correct it, after the scan - highlight it and click "manage" and "Allow"
    The scan will then ignore it and it won't show up again.

3. bellisimo

bellisimo Thread Starter

Thank you PSCO2007,

I tried it and it worked. Much appreciated.

bellisimo

4. PSCO2007

PSCO2007

Glad to help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/990148