Solved: System Cannot Identify Battery and Unable To Charge It.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Techmx

My laptop kept coming up with this warning during booting.

"Warning: The battery cannot be identified. This system will not be unable to charge this battery". What is the implication of this warning and how do I fix it. Thanks for assistance in advance.

Hi,

Make sure we have a working AC Adapter. You can remove the battery and connect the adapter directly. If it powers up, then your Adapter is ok. Usually it's just either the Mobo or the Battery itself. Easiest way to isolate is to try another battery if it happens to have the same battery from a friend or someone. Can also try updating BIOS.

Techmx

The Laptop Details are: INSPRION 1501 TURION 64 MK36 (2.0GHZ, 51
115.4" WIDE SCREEN XGA TFT DISPLAY: 1280X

Techmx

The Power Pack and cables were tested ok. However I went a step further to swap the battery with a newer battery and the warning message disappeared. Thank you all for your positive contribution.

The Power Pack and cables were tested ok. However I went a step further to swap the battery with a newer battery and the warning message disappeared. Thank you all for your positive contribution.
It may have gone away, but trust me, its only temporary. Go to the Dell web site, enter your Service Tag number and download/update your BIOS. It's a known problem. Had the same thing on my 1501.

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
Dell batteries DO have recognition circuitry in the and it does fail. Also the powers supplies have to have Dell circuitry in them.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online