1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: System Cannot Identify Battery and Unable To Charge It.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Techmx, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Techmx

Techmx Thread Starter

My laptop kept coming up with this warning during booting.

"Warning: The battery cannot be identified. This system will not be unable to charge this battery". What is the implication of this warning and how do I fix it. Thanks for assistance in advance.

2. Lucky09

Lucky09

Hi,

Make sure we have a working AC Adapter. You can remove the battery and connect the adapter directly. If it powers up, then your Adapter is ok. Usually it's just either the Mobo or the Battery itself. Easiest way to isolate is to try another battery if it happens to have the same battery from a friend or someone. Can also try updating BIOS.

3. raybro

raybro

Please provide your computer specs using the TSG System Info Utility. Run the utility and copy/paste into a reply to this thread.

4. Techmx

Techmx Thread Starter

The Laptop Details are: INSPRION 1501 TURION 64 MK36 (2.0GHZ, 51
    115.4" WIDE SCREEN XGA TFT DISPLAY: 1280X

5. Techmx

Techmx Thread Starter

The Power Pack and cables were tested ok. However I went a step further to swap the battery with a newer battery and the warning message disappeared. Thank you all for your positive contribution.

6. raybro

raybro

It may have gone away, but trust me, its only temporary. Go to the Dell web site, enter your Service Tag number and download/update your BIOS. It's a known problem. Had the same thing on my 1501.

7. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Dell batteries DO have recognition circuitry in the and it does fail. Also the powers supplies have to have Dell circuitry in them.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085797

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice