1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: system continuous long beep but boots to windows ok

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ubamous3, May 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ubamous3

ubamous3 Thread Starter

Hi

One of my pc's recently acted up. It was working fine for couple of years without problem and then I stopped using it for a few months; now when I go back to it, the motherboard just beeps continuously (long beep).

According to the manual, a continuous long beep might be due to bad ram, but when I took out both ram sticks, it had a different kind of continuous beep. I replaced the ram with a different stick and it made the continuous beep sound like the other ram

The motherboard is gigabyte GA-8I945PL-G, dual core cpu. Bios is award

When I had the hard drive plugged in, even tho it made the loud continuous beep, it booted to windows (win2k pro) ok except that the graphics looks as if the video driver has not yet been installed. I didnt want to potentially damage it so i turned off and I took out every component except for just the video card and ram. What should I do next? swap psu? I have an antec 550 true power.

Also, what should the beep sound like if i were to take out the video card?

Please help.

Thank you

2. ubamous3

ubamous3 Thread Starter

ok, i figured it out! it's kind of a duh thing! The fan in the front of the case, instead of being connected to the connector on the mobo (system fan), was connected to the normal molex connector because it didnt have the right end. And in the BIOS, the setting was to monitor the system fan; since there's no fan connected there, it was beeping to alarm me about it; disabling that works hahahah

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/829077

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice