1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: System does recognize Sygate firewall installed

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by MCBride, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MCBride

MCBride Thread Starter

Windows XP Professional SP2
    398 MHZ -640MB RAM
    Compaq Intel Pentium Processor II

Although I have Sygate firewall installed and on, I keep getting a message with red shield icon that I do not have a firewall. How can I fix this error?

Thanks

2. Jimmy the Hand

Jimmy the Hand

This message is generated by Windows Security Center Service. It's just a message, and probably means that your Windows Firewall is off. If you know your Sygate firewall is on and working, you can go and disable the Security Center Service. It is useless anyway, if you take good care of your firewall and antivirus.

3. MCBride

MCBride Thread Starter

Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!