[SOLVED] System hangs writing audio CD's

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

beim4

Sorry - I'm not too familiar with burning CD's. In the past, my son downloaded music files and used NTI CD Maker to create CD's. Although it was slow, it worked fine. Now we switched from dial up to cable modem internet and are impressed at how much faster things download. We also updated Internet Explorer, but then we got illegal operation messages when using NTI CD Maker. Turns out our NTI CD Maker version was incompatible with IE 5.5. I purchased upgrade for NTI CD Maker. I tried creating a data CD-R disk and it worked fine. However, when I try burning several audio files to a CD-R, it gets to a certain percentage (only 4%) and seems to hang. Our CD-ROM is a LITE-ON LTR-16102B (0S08) which is listed as a supported device on the website for NTI CD Maker. Also, I tried closing everything else out before trying to burn the CD.

I guess I'll try contacting their technical support, but thought maybe someone could offer a suggestion. My system is Windows 98, Pentium II, 64 mb RAM.

Be more specific about the music files. Are they MP3 files? Are you selecting “Audio” in the software and dragging the files into the window to be converted to regular audio CD?

Confirm you aren’t recording them to a formatted CD.

Click here and then click "Download" to update your CD-WR firmware if you haven't already done so! The file you want is "R160SOK.ZIP". You will need Winzip or similar to unzip the file. Be sure to read instructions at the top of the page before proceeding.

You may also want to see if there are any updates for your upgraded version of NTI.

beim4

Thanks so much BVR01FVR!!! I downloaded the update to my CD-RW firmware and that did the trick! You are awesome!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.