Solved: System Information

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ibedennis

I have xp sp2 installed and I can't access the system information area of my computer. When I click on all programs-accessories-system tools-system info, nothing really happens. The hourglass appears for a second or so, but that's all.
I have also tried to use the start-run msinfo32.exe but nothing!!! What should I do to correct this?

what happens when -----

Go to Start >>> run >>> "C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\helpctr.exe" -mode hcp://system/sysinfo/msinfo.xml

ibedennis

devil_himself said:
what happens when -----

Go to Start >>> run >>> "C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\helpctr.exe" -mode hcp://system/sysinfo/msinfo.xml
i just tried start run "C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\helpctr.exe" (no quotes) and nothing happened

no run this with quotes

"C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\helpctr.exe" -mode hcp://system/sysinfo/msinfo.xml

ibedennis

devil_himself said:
what happens when -----

I tried start --run --C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\helpctr.exe, and nothing happened

ibedennis

ok...i just tried START RUN "C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\helpctr.exe" -mode hcp://system/sysinfo/msinfo.xml

Still nothing happened

Also .. try registering the following files

Go to start >> run >> type this one by one

regsvr32 rsaenh.dll
regsvr32 MSimg32.dll
regsvr32 msxml3.dll
regsvr32 msxml3r.dll

ibedennis

Thanks...I just went to the article you suggested and that seems to have worked

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online