1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: System lock up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sswafford, Aug 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sswafford

sswafford Thread Starter

I'm trying to find some help in the best way to troubleshoot this problem. I have made a post already but I think I made it in the wrong section of the forum so I wanted to try here. I play an MMORGP called Lineage II. Just like any other server based game I access their servers to play. I pay for two seperate accounts. What I do is open one client, log onto the server, enter game with a character in windowed mode. I then go to start and open another client, log onto the server with my other account info and onto another character and play them both. We call it two boxing. I alt-tab back and forth with I need something from my other character. A huge number of people play this way and I haven't found anyone that has this problem and some of them have lower end hardware than I.
    What will happen is every once in a while, I'll hit al-tab and everything just freezes. cursor, no keyboard funtion, nothing. I have to reset to fix. Sometimes it will work fine for hours, and then sometimes, it will happen every ten minutes. I am assuming it is a hardware issue but I have no idea how best to trouble shoot it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. What can I do to find the problem?
    Here is my general system info.

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2000+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.7GHz
    Memory: 1536MB RAM
    RADEON 9600 Series Secondary (Omega 3.8.252)
    Monitor: Dell 2405FPW (Digital) Res: 1920,1200

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489896