Solved: System Mechanic

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

silverado4

I just installed a new version of System Mechanic, and now I have in my task bar something called "SYSTEM GUARD". Does anyone know what this is for?
Thanks
Do I need it, and how can I stop it from being loaded at start up.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I just installed a new version of System Mechanic
Using those type of utilities can damage the Windows operating system and wreak havoc with a computer.

----------------------------------------------------------

valis

what he said....best bet? Uninstall it. What were you trying to fix by installing it? Pretty sure we'll have better options than that.

Phantom010

Retired Trusted Advisor
Member since 2004 and you never read our MULTIPLE warnings about that type of crapware? Odd.

System Mechanic has destroyed quite a few computers...

silverado4

Thanks for all your replies. I've never had any problems with sys mechanic. It re-aligns my programs better then the ms defrag does. It runs faster after that. I've fixed the system guard, I found out it protects your computer at start up from anyone putting things in the start up to damage your computer, I stopped the program from running withing sys mechanic.
Thanks for all your help.
Silverado over and out

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online