1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: System not powering off after shutdown

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by camthrax, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. camthrax

camthrax Thread Starter

Hey there
    I have recently put together a pc build and off the bat noticed that the system will not power off after the O.S shuts down. I have tried playing with some BIOS options but to no success. The system stops computing after the O.S shuts down and the HDD's turn off but all the system fans remain on until the power button is held down.

2. camthrax

camthrax Thread Starter

I managed to solve this problem last night when I updated the BIOS as it kept freezing every now and then. After the update the computer managed to finally turn off the PSU after shutdown.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972695

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice