1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: System reserved partition corrupted system wont boot

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Guruman, Aug 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Guruman

Guruman Thread Starter

All started with this message

Warning! Invalid first FAT entry(=0x400)!

After running some tests
    Took the disk out plugged on another computer all is there C(system reserved) D(actual windows install) E (data on it) run chkdsk no errors
    After that decided to go with HDAT2(v5) run READ WRITE READ repair n recover bad sectors - found some at the start of the drive.
    Tried to run with the windows 7 disk it gets stuck (guess system partition does not allow to go) so i thought that it could be the notebook VGA so i decided to go with LIVE ubuntu 12.04 disk to see if i get stuck as i did when i tried to run win 7 disk - everything go well(so VGA got ruled out) . Took few more test check ins etc.

So i decided to try and delete the system reserved(100mb) partition and try to rebuild it somehow so i am here can i get some clues on what to do next :)

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
  3. Guruman

Guruman Thread Starter

Problem is it wont get past Starting windows screen, i know this problem has some work around hope we find it :)

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Maybe the installation DVD or the optical drive is defective. A System Repair Disc can also be used, even one created on another Windows 7 system (may have to be the same 32- or 64-bit).

5. Guruman

Guruman Thread Starter

The DVD is fine i ran UBUNTU 12.04 DVD from it and UBCD and Hirenboot. To bad i don't have another windows 7 computer to create system repair disk :( . Something tells me if i remove system reserved partition via partition manager win 7 dvd will boot up but i guess i won't be able to repair the whole operating system this way.

6. Guruman

Guruman Thread Starter

I fixed it, i had to delete and rebuild BCD used this command
    c:
    cd boot
    attrib bcd -s -h -r
    ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old
    bootrec /RebuildBcd

But in order for this to work a person has to use HDAT2 to repair bad sectors (first).
    so fix for this error Warning! Invalid first FAT entry(=0x400)! is removing and rebuilding the BCD

And safe your data work on it without AV or something and you might just extend the life of the disk or order another one :)
    I just did this cause i was unable to find solution for this error Warning! Invalid first FAT entry(=0x400)!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1132515

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice