Solved: system restore "restoration was incomplete"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rose1966

I have xp home with an ASUS motherboard. I'm having a problem with my system restore after I apply system restore it tells me that "restoration was incomplete". I've tried many diferent dates to go back to but it comes back with the same thing. Please help me.

What precipitated the problem with System Restore? What went wrong that made you want to restore to an earlier date?

System Restore is not a system backup. It is limited in its capabilities, and it won't tell you that it's not working correctly until you try to use it.
Go to Start > Help and Support and read up on System Restore.

WhitPhil

Gone but never forgotten
Trusted Advisor
Open the Norton Protection Centre.
Select Antivirus tab
Select Settings and scroll to the bottom
Select Virus and Spyware Protection options under Additional Options
On the right side select Miscellaneous (bottom)
UNselect Turn on Protection for my Symantec Product
OK your way out.

Try System Restore now.

rose1966

Thank you bbearen that's where I should have looked in the first place.

WhitPhil

Gone but never forgotten
Trusted Advisor
Curious?

Why did you mark it complete if you just read the Help and Support doc. In theory, system restore still doesn't work!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online