Solved: System Restore

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dkmazza

I re-installed microsoft outlook express and now have realized I lost all my old messages and accounts and have to start over. I tried to do a system restore but the "apply" button will not activate. I think I am close to a compute crash. I really need to get my old email accts and emails back. It has all my client information in folders and I am about to lose it. Can anyone help me with this.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but system restore won't recover your personal files (email etc).

I doubt there is much chance of recovery at all, Did you uninstall outlook express or install a new copy with the old one still there ?

You could try what is suggested here http://www.qwhale.com/support/faq/oet/#3

Howdy folks...

dkmazza...

If you didn't un install there might be a chance that the re-install choose a different store folder...

Navigate to

C:\Documents and Settings\<Your User Name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\

Where <Your User Name> is the user name you log on with...

And look to see if there are two folders there, they sould have a name similar to but not exact {AF634F84-F5DA-4B66-8254-D3BFA456A276}

If there's not two folders then I doubt you can recover, unless you can go back several days/weeks in the Recovery program...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online