Solved: System Sounds

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Shawn315

Hi hope someone knows this one I no longer have any system sounds i.e logon, logoff. checked 'Sounds and Audio Devices' in control panel possibly where problem is all other sounds work okay. However in 'Sounds and Audio Devices' on Audio TAB on Sound Playback Default Device is Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio normal. On Sound Recording Default Device is Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio normal. But MIDI music Playback Default Device is blank? Dropdown offers two choices but when I close it and re-open it is blank again I've tried taking TICK out of "Use Only Default devices but when re-opened is back in. Bit long windwed but hope someone can HELP! not essential sounds I know but it is annoying
HELP HELP The problem is definatley the MIDI but cannot remove tick from "Use Default Devices Only" How can I unlock it

Shawn315, If you have Tweak UI installed open it, click on "General" and make sure that "Beep on errors" is checkmarked, click Apply/OK.

If that's not the problem go to the link below, scroll down to line 211 (left column) and click on "Restore Startup and Shutdown Sounds" to download a reg file fix.
Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it and answer yes to the import prompt.

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Tufenuf

Shawn315

No Dont used Tweak UI not even sure what it is the problem is definately linked to MIDI music Playback Device any apps needing this i.e Bluetooth, Audacity nolonger run when I try to choose Midi Player and close I re-open and its gone wont let me take TICK out of "Use Only Default Devices"

Shawn315

thanks problem solved not my first choice performed system restore prior to complete Re-Boot, probably have a few minor application issues but thats a far cry from the time it would take to re-institute my system asis. Thankyou for Responces

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online