Solved: System startup utility

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

24giovanni

Banned
When I type msconfig to bring up system config utility, can some one tell me which entries I don't need under STARTUP

em_exec
cpqinet
cpqns
scanregistry
ashmaisv
startoehooker
startlockspam
stillmagemonitor
schedulingagent
isdbdc
truevector
dkservice

I appreciate any help.

thanks

em_exec
Logitech Mouseware driver. Needed to support some additional functionality of Logitech mice/trackballs such as "SmartMove". If you disable it and find you don't need it leave it disabled

cpqinet
Allows AOL and Compuserve to use the Easy Access buttons for the internet. Is not required if you don't use the ISP providers

cpqns
Related to Compaq.Net - not required if you don't use that

scanregistry
systemtray
both needed

ashmaisv
Part of Avast! anti-virus software - E-mail scanner - needed

startoehooker not needed

startlockspam email anti spam filters - needed (changed and edited)

stillmagemonitor
related to HP 4100 scanner (I think) leave checked if this is so.

schedulingagent not needed

isdbdc
May install properties in dial-up networking when you register with an ISP - not needed

truevector
Even if you don't have ZoneAlarm or ZoneAlarm Pro run at start-up you do need this

dkservice
From Executive Software's Diskeeper defragmenting utility - a replacement for Windows Disk Defragmenter. It's recommended to leave this enabled, otherwise you could have problems starting it manually.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
This is the list that you have posted here:

em_exec
cpqinet
cpqns
scanregistry
ashmaisv
startoehooker
startlockspam
stillmagemonitor
schedulingagent
isdbdc
truevector
dkservice

I don't see SystemTray among the list. You need to place a checkmark in that one.

You can definitely remove the checkmark from SchedulingAgent.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online