1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: System Temperature

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mohittomar13, Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mohittomar13

mohittomar13 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Mohit Tomar
    Can someone please tell me my CPU temperature...
    Following is the screen shot of the HWtemp window.

Thanks in advance...

Attached Files:

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I would not use hwmonitor. In your case, it is showing a LOT of flaky data. The 12V rail is pretty far off, the 5V and 3.3V rails are off as well. Hwmontior is a fine app and I use it myself however it sometimes has problems with the sensors on some mb.

Restart and enter the bios. You should be able to check your temps and voltages in the bios; those reading will be correct.

3. mohittomar13

First Name:
    Mohit Tomar
    Thanks for your reply crjdriver

Well I tried entering my BIOS settings and to search for some temperature options there but couldn't find it.

Actually i use a very ancient system. It is running Windows XP SP-3 with 1GB RAM and a Pentium 4, 2.4 Ghz processor.. Few days back i experienced some problem with my motherboard so decided to replace it with a new one. When i went to the market i came to know that now branded motherboards from good manufacturers that support P4 sockets are not available anymore so i had to purchase and install a cheap Chinese motherboard that cost me around Rs. 1500/- (INR) that's around 30 US Dollars.
    So what my point is that the motherboard do not have an option for checking temperature of my CPU. :D

Well i tried a new program to check the temperature... following is the screenshot.. Hope it had worked.

PS: Please excuse my english, I'am not a native english speaker. :)

Attached Files:

4. mohittomar13

First Name:
    Mohit Tomar
    One thing more....
    actually i want to overclock (i will not do it myself but will ask someone else to do it for me) my system will it be a good idea..?? After taking into consideration the quality of my PC parts, mainly the mobo..??

5. dai

dai

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Your English is actually much better than many who post on the forum.

List all of your exact specs and we can tell you if it is possible to overclock the system.

7. mohittomar13

First Name:
    Mohit Tomar
    Thanks for your appreciation CRJ :)

Well following are my system specs

Hardware
    1) Processor - Intel Pentium 4, 2.4Ghz (Northood 0.13um Technology)
    2) Motherboard - I already told (Manufactured in China) one thing i can add here is the chipset is "Intel 945/GC/GZ+ICH7 (that is written on the pack in which the mobo was shipped)
    3) RAM - single 1GB DDR2 RAM @ 266 Mhz, Manufactured in India itself by "Simmtronics" (Its a local manufacturer in India and quality of the products are generally good)
    4) Graphics - Onboard graphics (i do not have a separate Graphics Card)
    5) Power Supply - Its not a branded one but it is good (i think) ;-) :)

Softwares (I guess software's are not that much important as far as OC is considered so i'am not adding much under Softwares...)
    1) Operating system - Dual boot system, one is Windows XP-SP3 and the other one is Ubuntu 11.10

If i left out something please let me know....

THANKS for your support "crjdriver" :) :)

And Dai the program that you suggested didn't work for me.... I tried it but it says that my processor is not supported. Actually it does not support P4, Celeron, Xeon. But I appreciate your effort.... Thanks...

8. mohittomar13

First Name:
    Mohit Tomar
    I forgot to add one thing.... My HDD
    Its a Seagate 80GB, PATA HDD.

9. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I would not really attempt to overclock that system. One thing it is pretty old; parts do wear and overclocking wears them out faster. If I recall, the 945 chipset is around 6~7yrs old now and I would really not be putting too much stress on that old of parts.

If you really want to overclock, there is a guide for overclocking at the top of the hardware forum. Read through the guide and post back if you have questions.

10. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Speccy shows the chipset as an Intel 915 which is even older, the motherboard manufacturer may be printed on the motherboard itself as the packaging seems to be incorrect and Lord Electronics might just be a re-brander. However it doesn't appear that the motherboard supports processor temp monitoring.

11. mohittomar13

First Name:
    Mohit Tomar
    Okay... I think that I should give up the idea of overclocking my system otherwise i would fry up everything... :) Well thanks to all of you for your reply's and support..!!!

Actually I was also quite skeptical about it. Thanks that you made it clear. :)

However there is one more question that i would like to ask before i mark this thread as solved... I have a crashed Seagate 40GB, PATA HDD that contains some very important data that i would like to recover, so i want to know is there any way i can do it?? Well i tried recovering the data by connecting it as a slave drive and my current HDD (which is working fine) as master and first boot device. But when i booted the system it failed to boot up. So i thought to ask the question here before i damage my system

One more thing.... Should I ask this question here or start another thread with a separate heading to ask questions relating to crashed HDD??
    :)
    :)

12. dai

dai

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1081678

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice