Solved: system tray error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Naruto Uzumaki

since yesterday, whenever i try to edit which icons show in my system tray, i get this error
error.jpg

Naruto Uzumaki

i tried a work around by right clicking and selecting properties on the taskbar, then customize under notification area. it would look like something was trying to open then stops. so i open task manager and do it again. i see a dllhost.exe (COM surrogate) pop up for a few seconds, then disappear.

N:
Hello

Please download & run this forum's sys info tool.
http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Valuable_links

Please provide the brand, model & model # of your computer.

When did the computer last work well? have you had any other recent problems?

Sometimes the exact date is important.

What changed; hardware or software install or removal; a W7 update [ check W's update history ]; an update to a program such as Adobe Reader or Java or example; an update to your anti malware [ virus , spyware, etc ] program?

edit:
Boot to Last Known Good Configuration & try.

Boot to safe mode & try.

end edit

Thanks for providing the screen shot!

RF123

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online