1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: System Won't Remember Passwords

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by DigginDeep, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DigginDeep

DigginDeep Thread Starter

After recently reinstalling XP Professional on new motherboard, everything is operating peachy-keen, except that the system will not remember program passwords, even though I issue instructions to do so. I am forced to use a work-around program to remember passwords, but that should not be necessary if the basic system were operating normally. I suspect there is some missing or corrupted file within the OS that governs password memory, but I don't know what it might be or where to look for it. Sure could use a shove in the right direction.

2. Lozzy-loz

Lozzy-loz

You could try check the windows file system is correct.Type cmd in the run box then in the command prompt type sfc /scannow You will need you windows disk if any incorrect files are found

3. DigginDeep

DigginDeep Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestion. The /scannow process requires the original XP Pro install disk, which I no longer have in my possession. I need to re-acquire it....

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973230

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice