1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: System working slow after Clean install

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by vinayak86, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vinayak86

vinayak86 Thread Starter

Hi,
    I have one system. system working slow.i checked that there is sound coming from HDD and also ran Diagnostics utility its said HDD failed. then i bought another HDD,reinstalled Windows xp.as soon as after installation completed i rebooted an it got freezed,very slow, HDD light is also not blinking continiously.it blinks after specific period(e.g. -when clicking on start it freezes after that HDD light blinks.and then u can see start menu then again freezes.)this HDD also making litle bit noise.
    what could be the couse ? should i reinstalled OS again with diffrent media ?
    is there problem with RAM?or with MOBO? or CABLE ?or SMPS ?or again with newly bought HDD ?
    let me know any other utility to diognose HDD?
    Newly bought HDD is samsung 160 GB.

Please Help

2. AtlBo

AtlBo

Samsung should have free software for you to test your hard drive. Google "Samsung hard drive test". That should do it for you.

Since you have a new HD, maybe it's a failing RAM stick. You could go here:

http://www.memtest.org/

download the iso and burn it to a CD (if you have one) and run memtest to see if any errors show up in your RAM memory...

3. vinayak86

vinayak86 Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply .
    I will try that

4. AtlBo

AtlBo

You are welcome...

Good luck and post if anything comes up new...

5. vinayak86

vinayak86 Thread Starter

hi
    Run Mem test but no error found.at last i removed Processor cleaned it and also processor fan and reinstalled OS with another media.Dont knw how but it worked for me.Now system working fine.

6. AtlBo

AtlBo

OK...

That's great vinayak86

Just make sure your files are all backed up in case those noises from your HD are a sign of a worn or failing disk

Good luck

:)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084554

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice