1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: System32 Restoration

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Sinnedangel, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sinnedangel

Sinnedangel Thread Starter

Ok so about an hour ago i accidentally erased a system32 file that had the User Accounts on it. The file name was like nursmng. How can i restore that without hopefully downloading anything. I dont want to write over that space. I mean is there a way for me to access the deleted files and restore it from there or am i pretty much SOL.

Any help is appreciated

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

What do you mean that it had User Accounts on it?

In any case, you would need the whole file name to begin to restore it. Why do you think that you need to restore it?

3. Sinnedangel

Well when i deleted it off the Recycle bin it deleted the entire User Accounts file. Its the User accounts in control panel that allows you to change passwords, manage the accounts, etc. etc.. And i need to restore it cuz i need to be able to access that.

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Is this XP? What version?

5. Sinnedangel

Windows XP 2000

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

There is no "XP 2000". Right-click My Computer, Properties, and see what it says for the Windows version under the General tab.

Do you have an XP CD?
    What is your CD-ROM drive letter?
    Is your system installed to drive C:?

7. Sinnedangel

Microsoft Windows XP
    Home Edition
    Version 2000
    Service Pack 2

8. Elvandil

Elvandil

Do you have an XP CD?
    What is your CD-ROM drive letter?
    Is your system installed to drive C:?

9. Sinnedangel

If its under the General Tab in the properties of My computer then no everything that i posted is all. Except the registration: which has my name and the product number. Then there is the manufacturer which is:
    Compaq
    AMD Anthlon(tm) XP 1700
    1.47GHz, 512 MB of Ram

Other than that there is nothing else

10. Sinnedangel

Would the sticky on this forum page be helpful at all when going to that site to repair it? I'm not to computer literate when it comes to this. I can do alot of other things but when it comes to repairing i dont know squat

11. Elvandil

Elvandil

What drive letter is your CD-ROM?

Do you have an XP CD?

Check your Control Panel now to see if it is back. It should be restored automatically from the dllcache.

12. Sinnedangel

I dont Believe i have an XP CD. In fact im sure that i dont. It still isnt there under Control panel. and the CD-ROM drive is E: . I'm sorry if I am being frustrating I just need to figure out how to get it back.

13. Elvandil

Elvandil

Try this. Copy this line:

copy C:\Windows\system32\dllcache\nusrmgr.cpl C:\Windows\system32\nusrmgr.cpl

Paste it in the Run box in your Start menu and click OK. What happens?

14. Sinnedangel

It said "Windows cannot find C:\Windows\system32\nusrmgr.cpl. Make sure you typed the name, and then try again. To search for a file, Click the Start button, and then Click Search" It said it for both of them.

15. Elvandil

Elvandil

It shouldn't be looking for the file. Did you paste the entire line into the box? Paste it just as it is, with the word "copy" and the whole rest of the line.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645772

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice