Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Tablet help

1K views 15 replies 3 participants last post by  dai 
#1 ·
I'm not sure where to post this question. I recently purchased my first android tablet with Android 4 operating system.. It has Inside Memory 8GB; TF Card Max 32GB. I started getting a "low on space" message. I downloaded an app that will let you transfer stuff from the hard drive to the TF card, however, I found there is very little that I can actually transfer.

When I try and delete programs that I don't want, such as Angry Birds, an unwanted office program and others that were pre-installed I'm not even given that option. When I try and download something I do want, I don't have the option to download it to the TF card, where this is plenty of room, instead I get a message that there isn't enough space.

How do I work around this problem?

Thanks.

#5 ·
I do have a 32g card installed in the slot, my problem is I can't delete or move the pre-installed apps and games that came with the tablet and if I try to download something it doesn't give the option to download it the card. Is there a way to change this?

Thanks.

#8 ·
dai, thanks for the reply, however, although the "move to SD card" is technically showing, it's not active or allows me to move the app. I can "clear date", "force stop" or "disable" but not move it. Do you think this "normal" or just something unique to this brand of tablet?

#10 ·
Yes, when the tablet starts, in the lower right corner it says SD card mounted. I even put an app on that was to make it easy to move from tablet to SD card, but was it was only able to identify a few programs. I'm try to get rid of Angry Birds, Ninja Fruit and stuff like that that I never use or want.

#12 ·
dai, thanks for your patience. Yes, I see the tab to show all the apps, when I click it, they all appear. I am able to get to the stage where it shows the option to move the app, but it is not "highlighted or darkened" to make the button active. There is never the option to "uninstall" the app.

#15 ·
dai and Triple 6, thanks for your help. I've followed the directions in the article and can see the "uninstall" button, but it is not active, so when I attempt to use it, nothing happens. I've even gone to the "developer's tools" to see if there was something checked that locked the preinstalled apps, but found nothing.

I guess I'll have to just accept the fact that Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja and others are there to stay. Ugh! Thanks for trying to help, I'm going to make this thread solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.