Solved: Task Manager not executing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jmk909er

I have put the following into task manager: Adobe update, Jave update and shutdown. None of these are executing and running! Can anyone tell me why? Maybe I am not doing it right?? Running windows xp home edition, sp3.

Thanks, Joe

Shutdown should be an option form Task Manager's menubar. The others would need to be entered under the Processes tab>File menu>New Task box but in the form of the exeuteable file. Try wuauclt.exe for Windows Update Automatic Update CLienT and then hit Enter.

jmk909er

Shutdown was not an option in my task manager menu but I got it working by putting a space, dash and s on the end of the exe so it looks like this:

shutdown.exe -s

The "s" on the end makes it execute the shutdown and now it is working.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online