1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Task Manager Problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by 4harpers, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 4harpers

4harpers Thread Starter

I had a internet page freeze so I went to Task Manager to shut it down and surprise, no task manager. A window without tabs came up with a little window inside it looking for a run command. What is this? When I click on the empty spot on the taskbar, there is no task manager. What command should I use and how do I use it to restore task manager. My system is Win XP Home. Thank you for any help you can provide.

2. Jimmy the Hand

Jimmy the Hand

Is this window like the window of start/run command?
    Then try browsing to C:\windows\system32\taskmgr.exe and run it.

3. 4harpers

4harpers Thread Starter

The window that comes up looks like the normal task manager when you select the "application" tab except there is no information on the bottom or top. And no way to close it except with the icon and use close. there are no tabs like the normal task manager. Its almost like I have a abbreviated view.

4. 4harpers

4harpers Thread Starter

Problem solved. I tried double clicking on the border of the Task Manager...and everything is back to normal :) Thanks for all your replies.

5. Jimmy the Hand

Jimmy the Hand

Strange, it is.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489251

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice