Solved: Task Scheduler won't wake computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

FredVN

I'm trying to use WIN7 task scheduler to wake the computer and run a program. I have checked "Wake computer to run task", but the task doesn't run until I manually wake the computer---then it runs correctly. Are there any other setting I need to adjust to allow task schedule to wake the computer?

FredVN

FredVN

Thanks, I checked it out and all settings were correct. Finally found "allow wake timers" settings under advanced power options. Win7 defaults them to "disable" for laptops on battery or AC. Enabling them solved the problem.

FredVN

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online