1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Task Scheduler won't wake computer

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by FredVN, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FredVN

FredVN Thread Starter

I'm trying to use WIN7 task scheduler to wake the computer and run a program. I have checked "Wake computer to run task", but the task doesn't run until I manually wake the computer---then it runs correctly. Are there any other setting I need to adjust to allow task schedule to wake the computer?

FredVN

2. Mark1956

Mark1956

3. FredVN

FredVN Thread Starter

Thanks, I checked it out and all settings were correct. Finally found "allow wake timers" settings under advanced power options. Win7 defaults them to "disable" for laptops on battery or AC. Enabling them solved the problem.

FredVN

4. Mark1956

Mark1956

Thanks for letting us know the solution you found.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!