1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] taskbar

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by jenni1970m, Dec 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jenni1970m

jenni1970m Thread Starter

WINDOWS 95 . MY DAUGHTER HAS LOST THE TASKBAR !! I HAVE TRY TO POINT TO IT AND DRAG IT ,EVEN TRY ALT,SPACEBAR STILL NO LUCK,IT LOOKS LIKE A LITTLE DOT IN THE LEFT TOP CORNER IS THERE ANY OTHER SUGGESTION ON HOW TO GET IT BACK? PLEASE HELP

2. rkselby98

rkselby98

Go to start setting, taskbar and start menu, make sure the check is out of hide.

Next if it doesn't appear move the mouse to where you think it is and see if you can get the pointer to change to a double headed arrow, if you do hold down the left mouse button and drag the taskbar back up again. You might have to try this on all 4 sides till you find it.

3. jenni1970m

thanks, .when i take the mouse in the corners and over the sides no arrows appear.and i went to the settings and the box is not check.any other suggestions??

4. Nick Scott

Nick Scott

Hit the Windows key on your keyboard. that will tell you where the start button is, and you should be able to work out where the rest of the taskbar is from there.:)

5. Nick Scott

Nick Scott

Another thought. How did you get to the settings without clicking on the start button? Are you sure that its the Windows Taskbar that you have lost, and not the Office shortcut bar or similar?

Has your daughter recently installed anything that might have added extra functionality to the taskbar, or extra effects such as making it appear to slide out from the side of the screen? Worth checking that out.

6. jenni1970m

on the keybroad thats how i got the settings to come up...as for my daughter who knows she messes it up everytime she gets on here.how would i find out if she done that??

7. jenni1970m

I FINALLY GOT IT BACK I HAD TO PUSH ALT,SPACEBAR THEN SELECT SIZE AND HIT ENTER. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61608

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice