Solved: Taskbar

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

knj

Until this week when I minimised a window it appeared in the taskbar on its own, now it disappears & I have to find it by using switch between windows, which is along winded way of doing it. How can I get back to how it was.

Sounds like you may have a malware issue. I'd suggest running a HiJackThis scan and posting the log results in the Malware Removal & HJT Logs forum.

knj

This is how Vista is supposed to work, don't know why it has changed to this. Thanks anyway

This is how Vista is supposed to work, don't know why it has changed to this. Thanks anyway
:confused:

No, Vista is not designed to remove taskbar buttons when you minimize the window. The only type of buttons that would be flat out removed when you minimize the window are application specific preference settings (for example, yahoo messenger has a setting to remove the taskbar button upon being minimized).

Or are you mistakenly thinking the button is being 'removed' when in actuality it is being combined together with other windows similar to it (i.e. you have 5 or more browser windows open, they will all be combined into one taskbar button; and when you click on the button, a list will pop up with each of the windows)?

jbemp

Banned
TO remove this setting right click on the task bark click properties and uncheck the box that says group similar taskbar buttons!
This will keep all apps seperate

knj

Thanks but that does not solve the issue. When i minimise a window be it a browser page or a Word document I want to get back to having them appear separately on Taskbar.

knj

Thanks but I have tried it again & if I minimise a Word document it disappears & I have to use Switch Windows to find it.

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi knj

Could you post a screen shot of what you are seeing after you minimize a Word document?

knj

Thanks . I have attached a screen shot of desktop. I have 2 web pages, 1 Word document & 1 Excel document minimised.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online