Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Teamviewer MultiTasking (Local User and Remote User Using At The Same Time)

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  DaveBurnett 
#1 ·
Hi, I am using Teamviewer to remotely control my friend's computer and help him with tech problems, and I need to help him with a certain thing that will take a long time. He gets bored of me controlling the computer for so long, so I want him to be able to do something else on his computer while he waits. Can I control his computer in the background while he has a different window open so he can watch videos while I work on his computer?

And if not, is it possible to make a 'plugin' for teamviewer to do this?

I really need this feature, so thank you so much to anyone that can help me with this.

#2 ·
I used to use TeamViewer to remote-access local computers, but it got to be difficult and very time-consuming, so I stopped doing it.

I'm not sure if TeamViewer has improved or has features that will allow you to do that.

It's my guess if your friend opens other windows while you're remote-accessing his computer, it's going to obscure and block what you're doing.

Does he have a second computer to keep himself occupied?

-----------------------------------------------------------

#3 ·
The only thing you might find helps is if he has a second monitor, which he could watch his videos on.
You'd still only have one mouse pointer for example, so you could still be fighting over it to change videos and start utilities at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.