Solved: Temp Internet Page size

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

marburg

Using WIN XP (Home) with all updates. After installing IE7 and running my RegCleaner I noticed an inordinary number of files being clean by my Cleanup pgm,

How can I check page sizes of temp files and what is the optimumn size ?

Marburg

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I set the IE temp files to 100mb, which is more than sufficient for most uses.

It totally depends on how do you want to surf. These files are very helpful in saving your lots of bandwidth as if you clean out this quite often for the regular sites, then every time you visit that site all the cookies, images related to page/site detail things get downloaded and eats up your bandwidth on every step. So it's better to set the things as per your need. What is more important for you space or bandwidth, totally depends on you.

marburg

Thanks JohnWill & WebKing for your responses - This appears to be the problem,

However how do I reset the page size and from where ? :confused: :eek:

Regards

Marburg

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
In IE, Tools, Internet Options, General Tab. Here's what I have for settings.

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online