1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: The Blue Screen Of Death

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Alogen, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Alogen

Alogen Thread Starter

Hello!How to solve this glitch?It would appear that for some reason my PC became very sensitive and moody.What is the problem?Like the title says..THE BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH.Every time I install a new piece of hardware or a new application,that is reinstall the ones I had owned for a while, my PC gives me the blue screen with the message about having to shut down to protect my system and my files due to unknown reason..and I should remove any new hardware ect. ect. ....First I thought it had something to do with accumulated errors and so I formated my harddrive and began with a clean slate!But no difference,still the same old problem.So I am wondering ; is it my new hardwear?I bought a new VGA ..nVidia GeForce 8500 GT, added 1 G of RAM and a second DVD drive,Optiarc DVD RW AD-7191S and replaced allready decrepit mouse with a new USB one.As I mentioned I reinstalled my whole system anew .I even cleaned the ventilator of the CPU cooling unit and the ventilator of the power supply unit.It was allready pass warranty,so there were no worries there.But still..the blue screen...what happens is when I start or reboot my PC it goes through a loop of blue screen and reseting up to three ,four times before it can finnaly start.of course it gives me the "system has recovered from a serious error" message.Any suggestions how to resolve this tiny impairment?....My PC :INTEL PentiumD250 3.0 GHz Dual Core,Ati Radeon Xpress 200 Chipset,INTEL D102GGC2 Motherboard,nVidia GeForce 8500 GT,TV2000 XP RM,SONY DVD RW AW-G170A,Optiarc DVD RW AD-7191S,2 GB RAM,Hard Drive:250 GB SATA II ,SAMSUNG SyncMaster 205 BW LCD,Windows XP Pro SP2

2. jazz3000

jazz3000

What you need to do is narrow down the issue to when it first started and with what piece of hardware. You can always start by removing what you've added and step by step determine through reinstalling it which one or two are the culprits. Is it possible with your new memory there might be an issue? and..you suggest the video card might be the problem and it makes me wonder if that's at the point you started seeing these issues? Let us know...Jazz

3. Alogen

Alogen Thread Starter

This problem appeared before I added new hardwear.It began actually with a trojan removal.I am using McAfee and it detected a trojan named Vundo.Since it could not remove it completely I followed the guide provided on their site.It is a bit lenghty so I won't go into details.But the procedure also did not work and yes I did follow it exactly to the letter:rolleyes:.McAfee still reported trojan Vundo afterwards.So I decided to format my hard drive with Paragon Disk Wiper since I was intending to do this anyway .I was putting it off due to amount of time the whole erase the drive and reinstall Windows procedure takes.I belive by formating any traces of this trojan should be gone.In fact, McAfee does not report any problems on a freshly installed system at all.So I don't believe this could be the actual problem.There is also a fact I updated BIOS.Here is the timeline of events,approximately :rolleyes: : blue screen, trojan removal,blue screen,format C:,installed second DVD drive: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7191S,BIOS update,blue screen,installed new VGA nVidia GeForce 8500 GT,blue screen,format C: again :p ,added a new mouse with USB ,added 1 GB of RAM....still blue screen....so should I revert to previous hardware or what?:confused::)

4. Alogen

Alogen Thread Starter

The problems seems to be with MagicTune Premium application.I removed it and everything worked fine.It somehow conflicts with windows at start up.But I need it for my LCD monitor so I will keep using it .

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/699518

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice